Support Our Artists -Donate now!
Support our Artists and here’s why: watch the video and hear it from our Artists!
Here’s what your dollars have helped The Singers fund so far:
- Paying our artists a better wage (this include musical collaborators who we work with throughout the season on special projects)
- Composer in Residence Program-to share the work of up-and-coming artist and give them a voice for their work to be heard
- Education programs-approx. 500 high school students state-wide participate in mentoring and sharing the stage with our professional choir
- Pay-what-you-can patron fund to guarantee that financial hardship is never a barrier to participation for anyone who wished to attend.
- Artist Fund-scholarship for anyone who needs assistance with anything from parking/transportation to personal choir needs such as masks
- Programing a racial diversity of composers, musicians, collaborators, guest artists
- Community Sing events and the “Justice Choir Songbook” led by Tesfa Wondemagegnehu, a champion of social justice through singing.
- As live performances were suspended in 2020, The Singers quickly pivoted to a digital season. With nearly 17 years of recorded performances, Artistic Director/Founder Dr. Matthew Culloton assembled a collective of prominent work for digital consumption including rarely heard concert excerpts. Dr. Culloton also launched & produced a podcast, combining musical selections with artist & composer interviews, giving a unique peek into the choral creative process.
- The Singers were integral in crafting a 12-group consortium in response to the racial reckoning. Voices Rising: A Choral Affirmation of Black Lives united song, spoken word, dance, & social activists to help amplify, invite dialogue, & promote healing. In collaboration with Chorus America, the production was broadcast on Classical Minnesota Public Radio, the Chorus America YouTube & consortium websites.
- On Juneteenth 2020, The Singers signed the Black Voices Matter Pledge, further committing to practices for a more equitable choral community where all voices can flourish. This pledge aligned with & deepened the DEIA work already begun.
- The Singers remained dedicated to education & provided schools a no cost digital library to help with distance learning & listening assignments. All of these activities were presented at reduced or no cost.
Thank you for your support!
On behalf of our Artists, Board and Staff,
Matthew Culloton, Artistic Director
How to Contribute to The Singers:
1. DONATE TO THE SINGERS using our online store.
2. If you would like to become a monthly sustaining donor, please visit our GiveMN page and select the MONTHLY DONATION option.
3. NEW! TEXT-TO-GIVE: Simply text “smca” to phone number 56651. Follow the prompts to make and pay for your donation.
4. Mail your contribution directly to us, making your check payable to The Singers. Our address is: 797 Summit Ave, Suite B, St. Paul MN 55105.
5. Give us a call at 651-917-1948, ext. 3. We’ll be happy to help you over the phone.
The Singers—Minnesota Choral Artists is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. Contributions to The Singers are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.