Events and Operations Coordinator
The Singers is seeking an enthusiastic and driven individual to join its professional team as Events and Operations Coordinator. This individual is responsible for managing both concert and event logistics, and key day to day administrative duties for The Singers, including online marketing and communications, donor and financial data entry, donor relations, patron communication, volunteer management, and fundraising and development support. This position has opportunity for professional growth based on the talents and interests of the person who fills this role. The Events and Operations Coordinator reports to the Executive Director and works closely with both the Executive Director and Artistic Director, as well as contract artists and support staff, and is the first point of contact for many of our patrons and donors.
This is a .75 – 1.0 position with an annual salary of $35,000 – $40,000 depending on qualifications.
Production/Event Box Office Duties:
- Manage venue communications, availability, event scheduling, preliminary contract details, specs, permits, resources, etc., and coordinate information and site logistics for all locations with staff, artists, volunteers, outside vendors
- Manage all ticketing and online box office duties: set-up events, promotions, manage, process and fulfill sales, keeping information current, and assist Executive Director in analyzing sales data
- Recruit, train, supervise and oversee all concert and event volunteers including box office assistants, ushers, and office support
- Oversee Front of House at all events: ticket and merchandise sales, will call, safety protocols, etc.
- Integrate and update payment processing services and daily reconciliation
- Fulfill online merchandising orders and manage merchandise inventory
- Coordinate housing and transportation for guest artists and composers, as needed
Administrative Duties and Financial Support:
- Oversee CRM system(s) and training for all users, and oversee data entry procedures
- Respond to general phone, email and other correspondence and general patron service
- Oversee and maintain office equipment, supplies, phones, and work with Executive Director on office-related vendor contracts (i.e., office equipment, IT services, etc.)
- Assist with board meeting support, special event productions, and donor events, as needed
- Assist with oversight, maintenance, and update of internal operations, files, calendars, electronic archives, etc. for staff and board
- Assist with management of day-to-day financial flow, data entry, tracking revenue, managing deposits, credit card transactions, record bills, expenses and payments when needed, including grant submissions/reports and working with staff accountant to prepare and update accurate financial records
- Serve as liaison between artists and operations needs and work with Artistic Director, Choir Manager and/or Choir Representative to assist in these communications
- Maintain and update website as needed
- Create and manage day to day social media and digital content based on marketing strategy
- In coordination with AD and Graphic Designer(s), and based on the season and organization’s marketing and brand strategy, help develop print materials including: season brochure, concert program books, postcards, posters, mailings, ads, etc.
- Manage and maintain email marketing and donor database
- Create e-news “blast” 1-2 times per month
- Help develop and distribute surveys
- and press releases
- Assist with program ad sales and sponsorships
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in Event Coordination, Operations or a closely related position
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent patron relations and customer service skill
- Exemplary project management skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate as a team member
- Ability to work in self-directed manner, including identifying and remedying issues with may arise
- Ability to balance, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities in fast-paced environment
- Accuracy in data entry and ability to self-review
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, POS and/or event ticketing platforms, Zoom, Sage and/or QuickBooks accounting systems, CRM systems preferred, along with ability to learn and adapt to new software
- Professionalism, poise, discretion and positive representation of The Singers in all job functions.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the choral art form, preferred
- Understanding of the social media landscape preferred
Benefits: The Singers offer a retirement program, paid time off, holidays, and the potential for a hybrid work schedule
How To Apply:
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter as a single PDF document to Executive Director Janette Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Events and Operations Coordinator” in the subject line. We will accept applications on a rolling basis however priority consideration will be given to those who apply by September 1, 2022.
The Singers currently require all employees to be fully vaccinated and boosted against COIVD-19. Documentation must be provided prior to an offer of employment.
The Singers is committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We strongly encourage and welcome qualified applicants from all backgrounds including those who have been historically excluded from the choral arts community.